Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Book Review: "Miss Marple's Final Cases"


ni
BOOK REVIEW “Miss Marple’s Final Cases”


Author: Agatha Christie
Genre: Mystery, Short Stories
Language: English
Pages: 154
First Published: 1980

Agatha Christie undeniably the queen of Mysteries. As an avid lover of Mysteries I pounced on any Agatha Christie book comes my way. And none of them disappointed me yet. She must have written thousands of stories and created some fantastic characters. But two of her most famous characters are Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot. Out of which Hercule Poirot is one of the best fictional detectives in world literature. But Miss Marple is as brilliant character as him.
In this book, ‘Miss Marple’s Final Cases’ there are seven stories included. Some are most brilliant, some are average and some are predictable. But all the twist and turns in the stories are enjoyable never the less. Story like ‘A Case of Buried Treasure’ shows the brilliance and detailing in her story telling. There are two supernatural stories which were different and refreshing from Agatha Christie’s usual style. Every time I read Agatha Christie Book my respect for her amplified. She is a legend in world of literature. If anyone still to read Agatha Christie he is missing the paradise of Mysteries.
As for this book, it may be not the best of Agatha Christie’s work but it’s still worth reading once. If I have to rate this book I will give it 7 out of 10. I will recommend you must read Hercule Poirot series by Agatha Christie.




















No comments:

+1

You Tube